· WITH THE GADGET–LOVING CAFFEINE JUNKIE ·

Saturday 19 August 2017

Joyden Canton

Having heard rave reviews about Joyden Canton at HillV2, I was looking forward to my visit at its 2nd branch. Located on the 4th floor of Shaw House or Isetan Scotts, this is definitely more convenient for people who do not stay in the west. I was pleasantly surprised that only a few tables at the 140-seater restaurant were occupied for dinner on a weekend. Decided to order two appetisers instead of a main course as they were going for $5.20++ each, in celebration of our nation's birthday (terms and conditions apply for the promotion that is valid 'til 31 Aug). While I could neither rave about nor fault the pan-fried carrot cake with homemade XO sauce, the stuffed chicken wing with glutinous rice did not sit well with me. As both dishes were too salty for my liking and I struggled to finish the latter, decided to wash them down with sago & pomelo in mango puree. Do not expect chunks of mango. And consistency of the "puree" was thin like juice. It was a disappointing end to a barely-palatable meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment